Just as you do for your personal goals, setting resolutions for your business can be extremely valuable. Although we can’t help you with your personal resolutions, we have created 6 tips to help you stick to your 2023 business goals:
- Make specific and achievable resolutions: Rather than making vague resolutions like "grow my business," try to make specific and achievable resolutions that you can track and measure. For example, "increase website traffic by 50% in the next quarter" is a specific and measurable goal.
- Write down your resolutions: Having your resolutions written down makes them more concrete and easier to refer back to. Writing down your goals also helps you to break them down into smaller, more manageable tasks.
- Create a plan: It is easy to determine what you want to accomplish, but putting that plan into action… is where it gets difficult. Once you have your resolutions written down, it's important to create a plan for how you will achieve them. This could include setting deadlines, identifying any resources you need, and determining what actions you need to take.
- Review your progress: Regularly reviewing your progress can help you stay on track and make any necessary adjustments to your plan. Plus there is nothing wrong with readjusting your goals/timeline as the year goes on. It's also a good opportunity to celebrate your accomplishments!
- Stay accountable: We are all guilty of creating New Year's resolutions and then having them be added to the list of ignored “notes” on your phone (it is time to delete your 17 grocery lists, you won’t use them again.) It can be helpful to share your resolutions with someone else, such as a business partner, employee(s), or mentor. This can help you stay accountable and motivated throughout the year. Plus who doesn’t love to brag a little when you do get to tell someone else that you accomplished them! 😉
- Stay focused: It's easy to get sidetracked, especially when you're running a business. But it's important to stay focused on your resolutions and not get distracted by other tasks or projects throughout the year. Revisiting these goals will make it easier to not only see what you still need to work on throughout the year, but also appreciate what you have already accomplished.
Setting resolutions for your business can be extremely valuable, and these 6 tips can help you stick to them. Make specific and achievable resolutions, write them down, create a plan, review your progress, stay accountable, and stay focused. With these tips, you can make sure your 2023 business goals are met.